sabato 29 agosto 2015

Happy Birthday, Ingrid!

Swedish actress Ingrid Bergman was born today 100 years ago.
A great actress, an amazing and stunningly beautiful woman, she worked with some of the best film-makers of cinema history during her long and rich career. She could play anything: she could be intense, funny, mysterious and seductive in the most perfect way.  
Of all her movies, these are the ones that Zazie loves in a very special way:

Casablanca by Michael Curtiz (1942)
Notorious by Alfred Hitchcock (1946)
Stromboli by Roberto Rossellini (1950)
Europa 51 by Roberto Rossellini (1952)
Viaggio in Italia by Roberto Rossellini (1954)
Indiscreet by Stanley Donen (1958)
Goodbye Again (Aimez-vous Brahms?) by Anatole Litvak (1961)
Cactus Flower by Gene Saks (1969)
On my kitchen's wall, I have a picture of Ingrid Bergman that I simply adore.
It is taken from Indiscreet, and it shows her smiling half hidden by the door, with her own kitchen in the back ground:
I don't know why, but that picture always puts me in a very cheerful mood. 
I see it every day, and I think it is the best Good Morning I can possibly have.
So thank you, Ingrid, for all the joy you gave us just being you on a silver screen.
E 100 di questi giorni!

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...