mercoledì 30 maggio 2012

Midnight in Paris for Cinema Blogger

My faithful readers already know about my friendship with super-talented Australian photographer Carla Coulson: she is the woman behind all Zazie’s official portraits.
Carla and I simply LOVE working together and every time a new idea comes up, we immediately take the chance and go for it. For her series of night portraits called Midnight in Paris, we decided to make some shots inspired - in the most flamboyant way - to cinema. 
It was such a funny night: walking around the streets of Montmartre like we were a filming crew, and stop at my place for changing my clothes and get ready to enter into a different universe that was first in our heads and imaginations before becoming a reality in her pictures. That’s the magic of photography as well as cinema: something you just dream about can become true!
Carla wrote about this night in her fabulous website: Midnight in Paris for Cinema Blogger Zazie, indicating the cinematic references we used for the job.
What I’d like to do here, is to share those "cinema pictures in my head” with you.
This proves that, even if I’m far away from being a movie star, sometimes you just have to really believe you can be one… and, well, maybe use a bit of imagination too! 

MAD MEN - Betty Draper
 
IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE - Maggie Cheung
 
JAMES DEAN UNDER THE RAIN IN NEW YORK
L'ANGELO AZZURRO - Marlene Dietrich
LA DOLCE VITA - Anita Ekberg
(ok, I agree, you have to use A LOT of imagination for that....)


MIA FARROW AT TRUMAN CAPOTE MASKED WHITE & BLACK BALL


6 commenti:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...